Monday 15 March 2010

New Blog and Pirates!

Hey guys! In this blog, I'll be putting all of my Warhammer Fantasy models that I have as I build and paint them! Most of these will obviousy be, as the name of the blog suggests, Pirates - The Pirates of Sartosa to be exact. These Pirates are mentioned briefly in the rulebook, but there are only a handful of collectors minatures for them. That's where I come in. I'll be converting models to fit the awesome army list created by Bilbo_Baggins. Well, now the introduction is over with...

I'm really enjoying this project so far. I like feeling unconstrained by kits and having the power over what each unit actually should look like. So far, I'm creating the first unit in the army - a 20-strong unit of Looters. These are the meat shields of the pirate world - with stats that are almost all 3's, they're just their to be a distraction and to try and break up the game line. These models are quite simple conversions. The Empire Militia kit looks like the sculptor had just come back from watching Pirates of the Carribean or something - A head with eyepatch and pirate hat, bandanas, cutlasses, pistols. It was perfect for a rabble of Pirate crew. If I make some Deck hands, I'll use this kit again. Actually, this'll probably be the staple kit I use for quite a few pirate models. The things not in the kit that I have added are all Dwarf bits - My other army is Dwarfs, and there are quite a few spare axes, bucklers and pistols lying around my spare sprues.








And these are my WIP standard bearer and musician. The pieces used were from the Dwarf Quarrellers set - I think I might need a back story to explain the implementation of lots of my spare Dwarf parts. These were simple hand swaps and a drum stuck to the fron for the musician. The banner shaft was a halberd holding arm from the Militia kit.



And the WIP regiment so far. 11 more to model!


Thanks for reading. Riceeman out.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work RICEEMAN. This looks like an interesting project you have going. I'm now a blog follower.

    Sigmar

    BTW, you might be interested in the second pirate in the below link (the others are undead):-

    Warhammer Pirates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I've just posted on BattleReporter that I'm painting that guy up. xD. Thanks for the encouragement - You're a kind of idol when it comes to original Army lists and armies. :P

    ReplyDelete