Thursday 18 March 2010

Battle report coming soon!

As I write this, I'm halfway through a 500 point battle against my brother, with my pirates against his (They're actually my models :P) Dwarves. I haven't got enough models for my pirate army yet though - I'm using Goblins and Dwarves from the Battle for Skull Pass set to fill the ranks, and a Miner champion as my Chest Keeper! (I do like the idea of keeping the keeper a Dwarf though. Ties in with the backstory I've thought up, which will be explained when I post the Battle Report).

It's nearing the end of combat in Turn 3 after some really tactical movement phases in Turns 1 and 2 - He's got two blocks of Dwarves and I've got a block of weak Looters and two Pistol wielding Skirmishing Deckhands, and as it stands they're proving their worth! It'll all hinge on how fast I can get to the Deckhand vs Longbeard combat - I rolled two 1's on the Deckhand break test!

On the modelling, I've got 10 looters and 10 Deckhands with pistols done, as well as my General, the Pirate Captain model from GW. I need 2 more militia sets to build: 10 more Looters, another unit of Pistolier Deckhands and a unit of Special Salty Dogs. I've had a brainwave how to make them stand out - use as many of the coat bodies from the militia sprue as possible and paint them Red like my admiral. The core units can have Blue, Brown and White, and the specials can have Red and Black. Sorted!

Keep tuned! I'm actually chuffed to have 3 followers really - I don't have any sculpting skills, or paintiing skills - just a load of inspiration! And your support is really helpful to keep me going! So thanks! Look forward to the battle report!

Ricee out!

No comments:

Post a Comment